Product Catalogue From Sql Database

mattm100

Hi,

I am having issues with finding an efficient way of displaying products from my database, in terms of a paper catalogue. I have a list of products in a sql database, what I am currently using is a separate webpage which I have made a very basic print stylesheet. I briefly tried publisher (as I read somewhere that you can populate your catalogue from a database) but I quickly discovered my provider does not allow remote access.

So if anyone has any ideas that could point me in a better direction I am all ears.

Thanks,

Matt.

Sorry if I didn't explain myself very well, I will try and make it clearer.

I have a website where I have a catalogue for my products which are all stored within a mysql database. I would like to be able to create a printed version of this catalogue, what I have attempted so far is creating a css stylesheet but that does not give me the desired layout I am looking for. I have also tried using Microsoft publisher but that cannot be an option to me now as my hosting does not allow remote access to the database.

Is there a program out there that I could design my pages, for example 6 products per page, image, name, description and then I could populate the pages from my sql database?

Thank you for your help guys, got it sorted. I've been downloading a copy of database to print all along but it never clicked in my head to use that.

Also the version of Publisher I had was 2002, so it never had the Catalog Merge option, now I have the 2010 version I seemed to have sorted it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.