Interactive Check Boxes & Text Field Running Total

vectorsalad

Dear Javascript Gurus,

Anyone up for a challenge?
Would someone please, please, please write a function that can do the following?

[1] Imagine X number of check boxes followed by a text field.
[2] The check boxes have unique names and unique values.
[3] The text field has a unique name and is for user input of a number.
[4] Checking a box(es) AND/OR entering a value in the text field updates a grand total.
[5] Unchecking a box AND/OR clearing the text field updates the grand total accordingly.
[5] The grand total will be shown lower on the page in text (using innerHTML div tag).
[6] Also, the number of boxes checked and the user inputed value of the text field will be shown in two additional lines (using innerHTML div tags) near the grand total.
[7] IF the grand total is greater than (a big number supplied during the creation of the page) then a graphical submit button needs to swap from it's dimmed, non-clickable state to an 'ON' state - which can then be used to submit the values to a PHP page... Maybe using javascript to modify hidden form field values on the page??

Thank you for even considering this proposition - I know it's not easy because I can't find a single example out there that I can modify into something that I need - I'm up to my ears busy and I'm running out of time.

That's not a "challenge" -- that's asking someone else to do all the work for you.  This forum is about sharing ideas and experiences, and helping you work through your code.  Otherwise, it's freelance work.  Do you have anything so far?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.