Username With Rainbow Orb (Random Color Name)

KaPwN

358uvjc.jpg

As you can see on this picture. The last option request 6DIGIT codes so users can change their name with the color they want when they want and can also make a random background color.

I would like to know. How can i code such a system on my forum?

Thanks

Got no idea what kind of forum software you use. Have you programmed it yourself? (Kind of doubt it since you are asking this question). Does it support add-ons? If it supports add-ons, I would think you could write one. If it does not have an add-on system you will have to edit the forum code.

Got no idea what kind of forum software you use. Have you programmed it yourself? (Kind of doubt it since you are asking this question). Does it support add-ons? If it supports add-ons, I would think you could write one. If it does not have an add-on system you will have to edit the forum code.

This is a system that a forum i frequent use . I loved the idea and would like to add that system for my forum so our users can be able to Change their username color like the last option (6Digit color system) . As we speak i am using FluxBB and it support add ons. I do not have anything related to this yet. Is there any add on that could do exactly this or i would have to code one myself? If i would have to code one, you have any guide that could show me how to do it?

Thanks for the answer, really appreciated

Wish you a nice day!

Edited by KaPwN

Okay. I've never used FluxBB. I once programmed for some other forum software, and you will have to read and study a little bit to understand exactly how to make an add-on for FluxBB. Should be some kind of documentation somewhere. Most likely will the add-on system support installation and uninstallation, so you should program both.

In your case... I would make the installation script alter and add an extra column in the user table in the database. I would add some extra menu for changing color or adding some extra options at the end of some option page that already exists. It would simply be a form where you select a color and then when saving it would save it to the database. Make sure to also either use some already existing validation script in the server or create one yourself. It is very important you validate the data to be safe to use against the database. You also need to make the script add the color to each user when avatar and username etc is loaded. Simply extend the sql query to get the extra column and output it along with the username just inside some html font tag or something or styling of some sort. :P Just remember to make it so you can later remove it.

To uninstall the script, make sure it can remove everything you've added. Like dropping the extra column from the user table (make sure to not drop the entire table). etc

I recommend creating a test forum and play around with it first. Read the forum's code and try to understand it. :s Alternatively you can try to pay someone to do it for you.

Edited by MMDE

Okay. I've never used FluxBB. I once programmed for some other forum software, and you will have to read and study a little bit to understand exactly how to make an add-on for FluxBB. Should be some kind of documentation somewhere. Most likely will the add-on system support installation and uninstallation, so you should program both.

In your case... I would make the installation script alter and add an extra column in the user table in the database. I would add some extra menu for changing color or adding some extra options at the end of some option page that already exists. It would simply be a form where you select a color and then when saving it would save it to the database. Make sure to also either user some already existing validation script in the server or create one yourself. You also need to make the script add the color to each user when avatar and username etc is loaded. Simply extend the sql query to get the extra column and output it along with the username just inside some html font tag or something or styling of some sort. :P Just remember to make it so you can later remove it.

To uninstall the script, make sure it can remove everything you've added. Like dropping the extra column from the user table (make sure to not drop the entire table). etc

I recommend creating a test forum and play around with it first. Read the forum's code and try to understand it. :s Alternatively you can try to pay someone to do it for you.

Thanks once again.

I will try to find tutorials on this matter. I wish you a good day and appreciate your time and answers.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.