Please Help! Database Query to join two tables

topcat1979

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

I have a site I'm working on which is basically a shopping portal. Within this site I have an area where customers can view there previous purchases, and in this area they can view the product id, price they paid, sellers id, date, etc.

I have two tables, shop_users and shop_items. These two tables have some fields in common, one being the seller id, which is a number and is present in both tables under two different field titles; these are: shop_users = id and shop_items = ownerid. To cut along story short I wish to join these two fields, by comparing them in a query and output the result as the username of the seller from the shop_user table.

My current code looks a little like this:

$getseller="SELECT u.username FROM shop_users u, shop_items a WHERE a.ownerid=u.id";
$seller=mysql_query($getseller)

I think this is the best way of doing it but unfortunately I have had no luck in getting it to work.

If you could point out where I'm going wrong, I'd really appreciate it!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.