Mail() $Headers Issue

lovephp

guys why is it that when i add email address to $headers reply or from then the email will not be delivered to email address eg:

$headers = "From: Tech Innovators support@techinnovators.com\r\n";
$headers .= 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\n";

or

$headers = "From: support@techinnovators.com\r\n";

the above codes does not send the email but if i do like below without any email then only the email gets delivered and also the email address lookis like support@cp-645.webhostbox.net

$headers = "From: Tech Innovators \r\n";

its like this

$headers = "From: $company_name <$company_email>\r\n";
  $headers .= "Reply-To: <$company_email>\r\n";
  $headers .= "Return-Path: $company_email\r\n";   
  $headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";  
  $headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=us-ascii' . "\r\n";
  'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();

oh just to be on safe side added 2 Conten-type and do you mean this

$subject = "(Confirmation) - $company_name";
mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);

i have tried my coding on 2 web hosts on 1 its works like charm but on 1 thi error happens

Edited by lovephp

Adding additional, useless code to be on the "safe side" is no good. You cannot use more than a single Content-type. You could add 50 Content-type's but only one (the first one) will be used.

Does $company_email match the domain name? Or is it a @gmail.com address or something of the like?

Try the following:

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers, "-f $company_name");

Adding additional, useless code to be on the "safe side" is no good. You cannot use more than a single Content-type. You could add 50 Content-type's but only one (the first one) will be used.

unless it's a multipart mail, then you can have a different content type for each part - I know that's not the point you are making, but just to keep it all clear.

Does $company_email match the domain name? Or is it a @gmail.com address or something of the like?

Try the following:

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers, "-f $company_name");

$company_email is not gmail its email@somedomain.com but $to is gmail, yahoo hotmail email ids which i input on form. the email goes without any issue to email@somedomain.com but does not goes to yahoo, gmail or hotmail if add from: email address

Does the email address in question match the domain/server?

When I checked out techinnovators.com, there is no site. A DNS check revealed different nameservers than webhostbox.net.

Different hosts will only allow certain header formations. Your best bet is to contact them and see what they allow.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.