Can You Cross Reference Other Table To Insert Data?

phpjayx

I've been having trouble getting a parameter passed through PHP from one page to another....

an alternate thought is, since the "name1" below is directly tied to the "userid" in another Table, can I somehow crossreference that table as part of an Insert command?

Thanks in advance

---------------

$sql_insert = "insert into Data(userid,name1,message1, message2, name2, number1, number2, valid,timestamp,check1,check2)";

$sql_insert .= "value('" . $param['userid'] . "','" . $param['name1'] . "','" . $param['message1'] . "','" . $param['message2'] . "','" . $param['name2'] . "','" . $param['number1'] . "','" . $param['number2'] . "','1','" . $timestamp . "','" . $param['check1'] . "','" . $param['check2'] . "')";

Then I must be doing the registering incorrectly, or attemting to use it incorrectly..... I did the following in the .js but having no luck passing it through on my Insert function.... any other hints?

<?php

session_start();

$name1=$_SESSION["name1"] ;

if($name1==NIL)$name1=' ';

?>

---------In the <body> of my php file

var name1 = document.getElementById('name1').innerHTML;

The cross-reference is called a "Foreign key relation", and is constructed when you create the table. Or, alternatively, after it has been created. In any case, it's highly advisable to add it before you add any content to the tables.

A search on the net should give you lots more information on foreign key relations. If you still have problems with them after reading up, please post what you've tried, what happened/didn't happen and a detailed description of exactly what it is you want to accomplish.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.