Help! - New Php Engine Security Or Mysql Error?

PHP Learner

[to the moderators, sorry, i dont know which section this actually belongs in]

hi there all,

im rewriting/updating/improving a site i wrote last year. i havent touched it since and it seem php has moved forward a few stages which is why i need to update bits around the site. anywayz, so im adding stuff to a query to update the table, i change it in the code, ftp the page sucessfuly etc.. but the new query is ignored by the MySql database or the newer PHP engine. i think its to protect against sql injection but im not sure. it makes sense and its a valuable security feature if that is it but is making testing impossible.

would appreciate your help if you know how to get round it, or if i right even.

thanks, phpl

hello there,

thanks very much for the response. silly thing is its not the code which is the problem. it worked fine with the original code, all i added was 1 extra update in the query same as the others to corrispond with a new row i put into the table. thing is, if it were a mistake, like somehow i put the wrong value or missed a comma or something i could debug it. thing is, i changed one of the values which is represented by a variable with a string which is meant for a varchar entry and there was no difference.

it seems like its being ignored by the engine as an attempt to inject incorrect values into the data base. i know the pages are ftp'ing ok because i echoed a string at the top of the page to confirm the change in the code. hmmm, very confusing stuff

any ideas?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.