Php Ini Configuration

Nodral

I am currently installing a subversion protocol within a business, some of the users develop in Windows on local Wamp servers, and others use local Lamp servers. The main site runs on a linux server.

The issue I have is setting up the include paths within the php.ini file. As some of the live files change this setting on the fly, this is becoming a pain.

The windows machines require a semi colon delimiter in the include paths, and the linux machines require a colon.

Is there any way to change the configuration of the windows machines to use a colon as the include path delimiters?

I have approx 50 sites set up on the server, and each uses one of 3 common config files. Therefore we dyamically change the include path to point at the relevant config file.

This is fine for the Linux developer guys, as they can just recreate the file structure on their machines, however I have an issue with the Windows guys as when they copy the files, their include paths break, and I really don't fancy going through everything and changing the include path settings to an 'if' statement. I'd rather just change the php settings on 3 machines if possible.

If there's a way to do this, I'd be much appreciative. If not within the php.ini, whether I can do some sort of dynamic redirect solely on the Windows machines (like a symbolic link on linux) without amending the site files.

so how would I use mklink to go from

C:\Users\******\Documents\NetBeansProjects\tier3\tier3shared:/home/tier3shared

to

C:\Users\******\Documents\NetBeansProjects\tier3\tier3shared

, as the colon is not a valid character within a file path

Edited by Nodral

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.