Submitting Form With Popup With Reference Number

ncurran217

Right now I have a page with a form and when you hit the submit button it then, that goes to my php page that has all the SQL Server post commands and inserts all the information typed into the form into the database. When all the information is entered into the database there is another column that auto-increments for a Reference Number. I want to have that Reference Number popup on the screen after the user hits Submit on the form page, but not sure how to go about this.

Please let me know if I need to explain more. Thanks in advance for the help!

If you are not asking how to get the reference number, are you asking how to send the reference number to the user? There are so many steps in this that you could be asking about! Have you made any attempts to accomplish this that have yielded code you could show us?

If you simply want a box to popup with the reference number, print some Javascript to the action page that includes window.open() and pass the reference number into document.write() along with whatever other text you want. If you don't want to change the page, you can still do this by attaching the javascript to an AJAX call that would request the reference number.

Let me know more specifically what you are having trouble with and I can give you some examples.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.