<h2> tag properties are different

yandoo

Hiya I have an <h2> tag that I have added added a class too. <h2 class="TitleText"> But when i look at it compared to a <p class> in a browser it looks different in font, although they do have the same size and colour properties? Why is this please?

.TitleText { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:22px; color:#669900;TEXT-DECORATION: none;}

So I guess its because it is a heading and not a paragraph tag but why can i not fully control how it looks?

Edited by yandoo

I'm willing to bet that there are some default browser styles you haven't overwritten. Most likely font-weight.

Open the page in your fav browser with developer tools (Opera, Chrome or Firefox with Firebug), and then check the computer CSS styles for both elements. Should spot the difference right away.

Hiya, thanks for reply. Yes of course the weight properties! I feel silly now it seems so obvious.

Can i ask you something else that too may seem silly..? How can I adjust the spacing above and below the heading? With the h1 it seems to add space both above and below it as its a heading...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.