A script that will allow writers to claim article titles?

Novice@PHP

I have a website but managing writers is HARD.

I need a project management script that assigns articles to a list, that the writers then claim from and submit.

I have no idea what kind of script I'm looking for. Quick process:

1. Add a bunch of article titles across a number of categories.

2. Registered writers can claim which titles they want to write but are only allowed to claim in their own topic.

3. Writers write articles, mark as done and submit for review.

No idea what to look for but any help hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

It's quite simple, actually.

You need a script that writes the article title and user ID to the database, after setting a unique index on the title. If the query fails, you need to check why it failed. If it was because of an already existing title, then you tell the user that the title is already taken.

For any other reason, give the user a message telling him that there was some other error, and log it for yourself. (Remember to log it to someone you check often.)

That's part 1, for part 2 you just check if the user ID for the title is the same as the user ID that's saved to the title in the DB. If they aren't, then the user does not have the proper access to write/edit it.

The last part is even simpler, and basic database interaction stuff. I suggest that you start with a basic PHP & MySQL tutorial, to get to grips with the basics. Then sit down and plan the specifics, and then I'm talking about the specifics, of your application. Once you've got it all down in a simple step-by-step list, and feel confident that you've solved all of the logic, then it's time to actually write the code.

It's quite simple, actually.

You need a script that writes the article title and user ID to the database, after setting a unique index on the title. If the query fails, you need to check why it failed. If it was because of an already existing title, then you tell the user that the title is already taken.

For any other reason, give the user a message telling him that there was some other error, and log it for yourself. (Remember to log it to someone you check often.)

That's part 1, for part 2 you just check if the user ID for the title is the same as the user ID that's saved to the title in the DB. If they aren't, then the user does not have the proper access to write/edit it.

The last part is even simpler, and basic database interaction stuff. I suggest that you start with a basic PHP & MySQL tutorial, to get to grips with the basics. Then sit down and plan the specifics, and then I'm talking about the specifics, of your application. Once you've got it all down in a simple step-by-step list, and feel confident that you've solved all of the logic, then it's time to actually write the code.

Wew I don't want to build it. No time for that.

I guess something already exists, I just don't know what to look for.

Thanks for the detailed reply though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.