My jquery datepicker isnt working in IE

wright67uk

This code works well in firefox and chrome, but in IE I have just a blank box and nothing happens when I click in the box.

Can you tell my why this isnt working in IE?

(tested on IE.9)

<html>
<head>
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.14/jquery-ui.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script>
(function() {
var elem = document.createElement('input');
elem.setAttribute('type', 'date');

if ( elem.type === 'text' ) {
$('#date').datepicker({
dateFormat: 'dd-mm-yy',
// defaultDate: +5
maxDate : +3
});
}
})();

</script>

</head>

<body>
<form>
<input type="date" name="date" id="date" value=" " />
</form>
</body>
</html>

I'm a bit new to this, but I've gone into the page were talking about in ie and pressed f12, I've gone through the various tabs, profiling and debugging buttons and I can't find any errors.

I've also tried Tools >> Internet Options >> Advanced Tab >> Browsing >> Check the "Display a notification about every script error" checkbox.

A quick google of the subject results in this being a common problem. However, most people report that it is a problem with either:

1) Compatibility mode being turned off

or

2) Running the 32-bit version instead of the 64-bit

Edited by SocialCloud

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.