display javascrpt dependng on specific domain?

toolman

Hi there,

I am trying to display some javascript depending on specific domains. For example, I have several websites using the scame script, such as www.mydomain.com/website1, www.mydomain.com/website2, www.mydomain.com/website3, www.mydomain.com/website4 etc.They all use the same files.

Is there a way I can use an if statement to display the javascript on say just /website2 and /website3 ?

Many thanks!

Personally I would add this check within the PHP script, instead of using Javascript to conditionally include Javascript. However you could do it with:

if (/^\/website1/.match(location.path)
 || /^\/website2/.match(location.path)) {
    var script = document.createElement('script');
    script.src = '/this/extra/script.js';
    document.head.appendChild(script);
}

Does this by chance have to do with a tracking script such as Google Analytics or Omniture SiteCatalyst? I only ask because whenever I see a question like this, it is almost always about tracking code, and making it not pop on dev/qa sites. If by chance this is what it is about, you should know that most tracking tools have solutions for dealing with this. I can go into more detail if that is what this is about.

Hi,

Yes this is to do with tracking, but the websites all use the same script/files, so it will track all websites rather than just specific ones. It's not Google or Omniture SiteCatalyst, it's an independant tracking script.

Any ideas for a work around?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.