add to a Joomla directory extension

webglo

Hope this is the correct place to post this. I would not know at this early time, how I would show anyone the script I am talking about, but it is called Joomgalaxy.

I don't know much code, but I saw another post on this site where someone had created user levels and separate permissions for them so that when someone went to register, they would be presented with different subscriptions with different payment amounts for them. This was for a Sobi2 script which is also a directory. So of course I am wondering how close these scripts might be as they are both PHP. Does almost any PHP code work in any other PHP code?

Ultimately what my client is wishing is to use Joomgalaxy and have her users who are registering to be able to choose different subscription levels, with different payment amounts and then we want to add special functions to each of those levels like having one group be able to upload 5 images and another group can upload 10 images..

I think this is enough info for anyone who knows if it is possible to start helping if they could. Of course I know you might need more info, but I am not sure yet what that would be so please ask.

As it is, this directory does have AEC and Akeeba as plug ins. I would think that there would be some way to create/add some membership function with levels/payments, maybe connected to the ACL/Users/Groups? Then we want to be able to add/modify the fields in their form and have them able to have more or less benefits on their directory profile depending upon their purchased subscription level.

This is the link to that post. http://forums.phpfreaks.com/topic/183844-php-hack-joomla-aec-sobi2/

Thanks!

Glo

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.