Search for primary key and output all relating data

qwerty255

Hi all,

I was hoping someone could help me with something I wish to create.

I wish to creating something like a login page but instead of name and password, you use a 'Customer Number' which searches the 'Customer' database to see if the entered customer number exists, and if it does, redirect into the system to another page which outputs all the data relating to that customer number, e.g.

Customer number: 900800700

Customer Name: James May

Customer Purchase Date: 12/08/2012

etc.

I want to get whatever has been entered into the box and return the data above and more, but have no idea how i'd go about doing this.

Any help that you guys could give would be lovely.

I would recommend leave column id for primary key and treat column customer_number to store customer number. 

Add unique key so it must be unique. 

It would be lovely if you can show anything you have done so we can see further this issue.

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.