Responsive Design Snag with HTML Tables.

TecTao

I am trying to add some responsive design to an existing index page for a client without haveing to completely re-design the entire page or site.

My logic is to use two different media queries with coorsponding CSS on the page.  One for browser less than 500 and and the other for browsers more than 501.  Created two css pages, screenLarge.css and screenSmall.css.  Each of the css has a div tag for size and float.

The test page I'm doing works fine.  On the large browser an area 990px with text.  As I make the browser, at 500, the area changes to red with different text.  So the re-size works fine.

Until I put an html table in to the are of the div class from the screenLarge css.  The table appears fine but as I resize the the red 500px area appears for the screenSmall css, the table doesn't go away.

I would think that that html element within that Div tag would not appear if the Div tag was not called.

I'm obviously missing something.

<body>

<div class="pageLarge">

tyityiuytuytiuytytity

(HTML table would go here)

</div>

<div class="pageSmall">

asdfasdf

</div>

</body>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.