Best Content Management System for Dynamic PHP Site?

PHP_Idiot

Hi Freaks

this is more an advice query than an outright call for help.

I've just migrated my site to new dedicated server space and now have the option of several CMS plugins that I didn't have before.

The site has 2 owners and currently 10 admins, but that number will grow.

Currently the admins have no access to site content other than logging results in the admin section.

However I want them to have access to a snippets page they can add content too, pictures and text, that builds a feed of interesting things they have come across.

The question is should I go through the hassle of building my own, or can any of you good folk recommend any of the following:

joomla, concrete5, Drupal, typo3, xoops, SilverStripe, phpwebsite, or Mambo!!

If anyone used any of these I'd really appreciate some feedback around what you liked/disliked and how you used it.

Thanks a lot :)

umm I thought there is a section dedicated to frameworks and CMS discussion? Anyway, it seems that Joomla and Drupal are the kings. The latter draws my attension since Symfony claims that Drupal uses its framework, which should be very good for programmers. I downloaded Drupal's files but did not find anything like that. Perhaps they find a way to hide their source code from public? Wonder how thats even possible lol.

umm I thought there is a section dedicated to frameworks and CMS discussion? Anyway, it seems that Joomla and Drupal are the kings. The latter draws my attension since Symfony claims that Drupal uses its framework, which should be very good for programmers. I downloaded Drupal's files but did not find anything like that. Perhaps they find a way to hide their source code from public? Wonder how thats even possible lol.

For Drupal 8+, look in core/vendor.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.