A question about the developer comments written in online PHP documentation

dariyoosh
Go to solution Solved by Zane,

Hi,

What I'm going to ask may seem to many among you a very trivial/strange question. :)

Actually I'm a beginner in PHP and obviously I need to read regularly the online documentation
for different topics related to PHP (in particular functions).

Whenever I check the documentation for a given subject, let's say a function, I can read
the official presentation with examples, but then, at the bottom of the page I often see many
people who have written their comments. Sometimes, these comments seem to me really
interesting and helpful.

Yet, I would like to ask, are these moderated and approved comments? I mean, do they
reflect the PHP official documentation point of view? and therefore the suggested solutions could safely
be used on my projects? or it's just simply personal opinions based on personal experience?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Dariyoosh

Thanks, from the link you provided I conclude that it is moderated and notes become part of the documentation

. . .

Please note that periodically the developers go through the notes and may incorporate information from them into the documentation. This means that any note submitted here becomes the property of the PHP Documentation Group and will be available under the same license as the documentation.

. . .

Thanks for the reply

Regards,

Dariyoosh

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.