PHP / Dreamweaver and Creating User Restrictions

mdemetri2

Hi All

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction here. I have a site that is coded in PHP, with a mysql database attached. Currently I have users logging in, that quickly ended up with some functionality requiring splitting to certain users. Now I have read in dreamweaver you can restrict pages (not looked at it yet), but I wanted to check what method should be used to not only restrict pages but the content of pages? Currently I have had to create sub sites and specific login pages to achieve this.

So as an example, if user A logs in, he get access to links 1, 2 and 3. If user B logs in though they should get links 1 and 3 only....

Any help and much appreciated.

Dreamweaver is a code editor. You need to learn to write code to do what your asking.

Have you searched for a tutorial on "PHP user access levels" or similar? I think you'll find this question has been answered on numerous occasions.

Ok thanks trq, I did do a few searches, but didn't really come up with much. Plus I wasn't sure if it was fully code based or whether there was some dreamweaver configuration to make it happen.....or even a third party addon. I will take a look futher. Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.