articulo_tit varchar(80)
articulo_precio double(15,3)
id_categoria int(11)
articulo_descripcion text
articulo_imagen varchar(255)
articulo_visible tinyint(1)
articulo_novedad tinyint(1)
articulo_oferta tinyint(1)

I need to write a query that updates the articulo_imagen column with the path to the image, where the image name should be id_articulo.jpg

ie: ../uploads/28.jpg

can this be done?

thanks

Edited by lingo5

Took be a couple of reads, but I think I got what you're looking for.

Sounds like you've moved the location of all/some of the images, and now want to update the database to reflect this. Is this correct?

If you want to only update the images which has the same name as the article ID:

UPDATE `table` SET `articulo_imagen` = CONCAT('$path',`id_articulo`) WHERE `articulo_imagen` = `id_articulo`

hi Christian,

well the problem is I have a database where all the image paths are "uploads/img/none.jpg" by default.

Then I have the folder "uploads" with all the images named id_articulo.jpg where id_articulo is the value from this column (don't ask me why ..I've just inherited it like this...)

What I need to do is replace "uploads/img/none.jpg" with "../uploads/id_articulo.jpg" for all my db rows

with one single query.

Do I make sense?..I can't test the query you suggested righ now but I have the feeling is not what I'm looking for..sorry I know my explanation sux...

so guys.... I've tried this

UPDATE `t_articulos` SET `articulo_imagen` = CONCAT('../uploads/',`id_articulo`,`/.jpg`) 

to get this error

Error Code : 1054

Unknown column '/.jpg' in 'field list'

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.