keeping data from DB current

apw

Hello

Hello, when a member logins into my game, I'm pulling information from my database and this information, depending on what actions the member does, either

increases or decrease certin information in the database, this in turn is displayed to the member.  However, in order for this information to be displayed, the member

must refresh the screen.  Is there ANY way I can display the new, current information to the member without them constantly hitting the refresh button?  The member

usually sits on one section of the screen but I am aware that if they leave that screen and go to something else and return the new information will appear, but what

if the member just sits on one screen, without hitting the refresh can I still display the new updated information to them?

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.