Display images not in root in Javascript Popup

ankuj2004

Hi ,

I am trying to display some images which are not in my root directory. Lets say the image path is C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures  and my website is at c:/xampp/htdocs/test.

I have been able to get the path of the Images using Directory Iterator. Now I need to display each of these images in a popup. For that I am using the following Javascript

function newPopup(url) {
    popupWindow = window.open(
        path+url,'popUpWindow','height=700,width=800,left=10,top=10,resizable=yes,scrollbars=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=yes')
}

and I am calling it from MY php fille as
echo '<td width="150"><a href="JavaScript:newPopup(\''.$url.'\');">ScreenShot</a></td>';

where $url is path of file as C:/Users/Public/Pictures/Sample Pictures/001.jpg.

But the popup does open but web browser throws the error that it can open the specified file  as it does not understands it.

I have tried to modify the code by using a php script which receives the url and displays it.

$url = "pictures.php?url=". $url;
 echo '<td width="150"><a href=\''.$url.'\' target= "_blank">ScreenShot</a></td>';

in picture.php

<?php
$image = $_GET['url'];
$getInfo = getimagesize($image);
header('Content-type: ' . $getInfo['mime']);
readfile($image);
?>

But it says that The image can not be displayed as it contains error.

Any hint about this problem as I am stuck on it for quite some time

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.