Pulling Select Data from Other Sites

NyK

Hello,

First off, I am new to the forum. Nice to meet you!

I have very little PHP knowledge, but I do have a lot of experience building websites.  With PHP, there are some things I would really like to accomplish.  In this case, I want to set up a Dev Tracker that pulls data each time one of the Dev members posts on the forum.

For example...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61548-Questions-about-housing?p=989055#post989055

That was posted by one of the Devs.

You can see an example of this is action at xivpads.com (look in the right-hand column under "Dev Tracker / SE Blog").

I would like to pull the same fields:  the title of the post, the author's avatar, the author's username, and the date it was posted.  Having it pop up with the full post like they do on xivpads.com would be amazing, but not absolutely necessary for the time being.

Please let me know if you need more information.  I really want to get this to work and would appreciate any help.

Thank you,

NyK

The reason you haven't had any response is likely because you haven't asked a question.

Telling a forum full of developers your goals is of little help. We are not interested.

If you would like help, you need to ask specific questions and let us know exactly where you are stuck.

I guess I just need to know where to start. Does anyone know of a good guide or reference for accomplishing this sort of thing?

Like I said, I don't know much PHP, but I can usually figure things out when I have something to reference.

Thank you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.