phpmailer script isn't working since switching to another host

btrp

hi,

i don't know much php at all but i've a problem with a website contact form.

since switching to siteground (lot's of problems BTW because there are under attack) the form in our little website isn't working.

it says "sent succssesfuly" but nothing being sent.

we are talking about a form created with the 'phpmailer' script.

i wasn't the one who created it. it's a guy i'm not in contact these days with.

any help will be appreciated

i can send you a link by email and the files and all of that.

this is a public help forum, where people needing help post the relevant code they need help with and any member(s) with some time and an interest and knowledge about the subject attempt to help find or help solve what is causing the problem.

it's also against the forum rules to pm/email members/staff directly to get help with a thread (since you don't know who has the time, interest, or knowledge to help with your subject this would just result in spamming members and get your account banned.)

block out (with **** or some other character) any information you don't want to appear in the post, but there's no way of helping with your code without seeing it or you should just hire someone to take a look at your code to solve this for you.

if your script was working before you move to the new ISP your best bet is call them and ask for the details of how to use their smtp email service and how to configure it.

In your script (first one) you are using unauthenticated SMTP setup... probably your ISP require it to be authenticated... PhpMailer has a test folder with examples where you can see the setup details, but ask your provider first. 

hi and thanks,

so you are asking me to contact our previous hosting and ask them or call the ISP?

i think we should be fine with regular form too without the whole script.

please let me know because i don't find the phone number of the guy that installed that. and also i'm still wondering if we really need the phpmailer.

once again thanks

your web host (apparently) expects you to send mail via UNIX sendmail - http://www.fatcow.com/knowledgebase/beta/article.bml?ArticleID=205

that your web host didn't point you toward this information when you inquired, would be typical of cheap web hosting support.

see (line 5) of the following phpmailer tutorial on how to tell it to use sendmail - http://phpmailer.worxware.com/index.php?pg=examplebsendmail

edit: BTW what is your NEW hosting where this doesn't work? you haven't exactly been clear on what the new hosting is? siteground or fatcow?

Edited by mac_gyver

wow, thanks for this

we are on fatcow.

i will check your suggestion with the "line 5"

anyway i've just wandered into another question. i guess the answer is yes.

when someone reply with a quote does or does not it writing the whole quote to store again on the server? i mean does it costs storage to quote someone on such message boards?

:)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.