Please help me - myInvoice!

jaimeweb

Hi Everyone!
Ireally need all the help i can get here!

Rite, i downloaded "myInvoice" http://www.widgetmonkey.com/app.php?id=14 and i have uploaded all the files to my cPanel. I have edited the document "config.php" and entered the MySQL database feilds...

It then tells me in the "readme.txt" to do the following:

[i]3. You need to create the tables clients and invoices in your mySQL database. (Dont alter the table names unless you want to go through each line of code changing the relevant parts) Either via telnet, or phpMyAdmin enter the information stored in clients.sql and invoices.sql. You can create a separate database for the system if you like, it`s up to you.[/i]

Now, I do have phpMyAdmin but have no idea how to do what it says to do...could someone help me in step by step from the phpMyAdmin homepage...(maybe screenshots  :-[ )

Any help would be fantastic! Thank you very much!!

I have attached the full readme.txt...

[attachment deleted by admin]

It is very simple....what you have to do is copy the code from your clients.sql file and paste it in phpmyadmin sql query box.

But before this....one more thing you have to consider. That is phpmyadmin had  adefault database 'Temp' if incase you create a table with out mentioning database name ..it will be created in temp database.So if you want to use a special database you should create a new for it.

see this example to create a database with the name 'Invoice'.

create database Invoice;

execute this command in phpmyadmin sql command prompt!

once u execute this command , a new database will be created for you.
to use this database you have to select this database from this list of databases in the left side of phpmyadmin.

after that just copy and paste sql queries given in clients and invoices.sql files in phpmyadmin sql box. This will be easy for beginners.

Remember to delete all the un neccessary characters from the files between commands!

Hope this helps you!

Joshi.

Hi joshi, thaks for your reply...
"This will be easy for beginners"...dont speak to soon!

Ok...could you tel me how do what you said..what to click and where :S! :( please... i have attaced 2 images of the phpadminpage and my mysql database page just to see if have dont everything rite so far...

thanks again!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

In your first image screen..there is nothing to select anything.Just ignore it as of now.

In second screenshot you are pointing to the correct place..there it will display the list of existed databases.
If you have had already created database , you can select one of them and continue with it.

else you want to create a new database , click on 'SQL' link on just above to the list of databases.There execute the commands for creating database. after that you have to select the database.

Next use the same 'SQL' link window  to execute the sql queries in your files.

If still you have any problem with this, let us know about it.

Regards,
Joshi.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.