submitting Menu Items

jrapin

Hello. I've generated a php form that allows a user to make a selection from a drop-down and submit the results to a e-mail address. (Thanks to Orio). Everything is working nicely however, the selection from the menu is not being processeed into the e-mail body. Can someone please tell me why it is not sending ALL the data to the correct place? IN the return e-mail, I'm just getting, "you have selected _____ as your choice". Here is the code I'm using:

<select fruit ="fruit">
<option value="">Choose a Fruit</option>
<option value="">Apples</option>
<option value="">Cherries</option>
<option value="">Grapes</option>
<option value="">Oranges</option>
</select>

<select amount ="amount">
<option value="">Amount</option>
<option value="">One </option>
<option value="">Two </option>
<option value="">Three </option>
<option value="">Four </option>
<option value="">Five </option>
</select>

$message .= "You have selected ".$_POST['fruit']." ".$_POST['amount']." as your food choice\r\n";

You are correct, you either have to set a value or leave it out all together. The way that you have it coded will give every option a null or blank value, thus submitting no actual data to the form processor.

And I also think that it should be

[code]<select name="fruit">[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.