var $high;  
        var $limit;  
        var $return;  
        var $default_ipp =11;  //items_per_page

function Paginator()  
        {  
            $this->current_page = 1;  
            $this->mid_range = 7;  
            $this->items_per_page = (!empty($_GET['ipp'])) ? $_GET['ipp']:$this->default_ipp;  
        }  

function paginate()  
        {  
            if($_GET['ipp'] == 'All')  
            {  
                $this->num_pages = ceil($this->items_total/$this->default_ipp);  
                $this->items_per_page = $this->default_ipp;  
            }  
            else  
            {  
                if(!is_numeric($this->items_per_page) OR $this->items_per_page <= 0) $this->items_per_page = $this->default_ipp;  
                $this->num_pages = ceil($this->items_total/$this->items_per_page);  
            }  
            $this->current_page = (int) $_GET['page']; // must be numeric > 0  
            if($this->current_page < 1 Or !is_numeric($this->current_page)) $this->current_page = 1;  
            if($this->current_page > $this->num_pages) $this->current_page = $this->num_pages;  
            $prev_page = $this->current_page-1;  
            $next_page = $this->current_page+1;  

if($this->num_pages > 3)  
            {  
                $this->return = ($this->current_page != 1 And $this->items_total >= 10) ? "<a class=\"paginate\" href=\"$_SERVER[php_SELF]?page=$prev_page&ipp=$this->items_per_page\">« Previous</a> ":"<span class=\"inactive\" href=\"#\">« Previous</span> ";  

$this->start_range = $this->current_page - floor($this->mid_range/2);  
                $this->end_range = $this->current_page + floor($this->mid_range/2);  

if($this->start_range <= 0)  
                {  
                    $this->end_range += abs($this->start_range)+1;  
                    $this->start_range = 1;  
                }  
                if($this->end_range > $this->num_pages)  
                {  
                    $this->start_range -= $this->end_range-$this->num_pages;  
                    $this->end_range = $this->num_pages;  
                }  
                $this->range = range($this->start_range,$this->end_range);  

for($i=1;$i<=$this->num_pages;$i++)  
                {  
                    if($this->range[0] > 2 And $i == $this->range[0]) $this->return .= " ... ";  
                    // loop through all pages. if first, last, or in range, display  
                    if($i==1 Or $i==$this->num_pages Or in_array($i,$this->range))  
                    {  
                        $this->return .= ($i == $this->current_page And $_GET['page'] != 'All') ? "<a title=\"Go to page $i of $this->num_pages\" class=\"current\" href=\"#\">$i</a> ":"<a class=\"paginate\" title=\"Go to page $i of $this->num_pages\" href=\"$_SERVER[php_SELF]?page=$i&ipp=$this->items_per_page\">$i</a> ";  
                    }  
                    if($this->range[$this->mid_range-1] < $this->num_pages-1 And $i == $this->range[$this->mid_range-1]) $this->return .= " ... ";  
                }  
                $this->return .= (($this->current_page != $this->num_pages And $this->items_total >= 10) And ($_GET['page'] != 'All')) ? "<a class=\"paginate\" href=\"$_SERVER[php_SELF]?page=$next_page&ipp=$this->items_per_page\">Next »</a>\n":"<span class=\"inactive\" href=\"#\">» Next</span>\n";  
                $this->return .= ($_GET['page'] == 'All') ? "<a class=\"current\" style=\"margin-left:10px\" href=\"#\">All</a> \n":"<a class=\"paginate\" style=\"margin-left:10px\" href=\"$_SERVER[php_SELF]?page=1&ipp=All\">All</a> \n";  
            }  
            else  
            {  
                {  
                    $this->return .= ($i == $this->current_page) ? "<a class=\"current\" href=\"#\">$i</a> ":"<a class=\"paginate\" href=\"$_SERVER[php_SELF]?page=$i&ipp=$this->items_per_page\">$i</a> ";  
                }  
                $this->return .= "<a class=\"paginate\" href=\"$_SERVER[php_SELF]?page=1&ipp=All\">All</a> \n";  
            }  
            $this->low = ($this->current_page-1) * $this->items_per_page;  
            $this->high = ($_GET['ipp'] == 'All') ? $this->items_total:($this->current_page * $this->items_per_page)-1;  
            $this->limit = ($_GET['ipp'] == 'All') ? "":" LIMIT $this->low,$this->items_per_page";  
        }  

function display_items_per_page()  
        {  
            $items = '';  
            $ipp_array = array(10,25,50,100,'All');  
            foreach($ipp_array as $ipp_opt)    $items .= ($ipp_opt == $this->items_per_page) ? "<option selected value=\"$ipp_opt\">$ipp_opt</option>\n":"<option value=\"$ipp_opt\">$ipp_opt</option>\n";  
            return "<span class=\"paginate\">Items per page:</span><select class=\"paginate\" onchange=\"window.location='$_SERVER[php_SELF]?page=1&ipp='+this[this.selectedIndex].value;return false\">$items</select>\n";  
        }  

function display_jump_menu()  
        {  
            {  
                $option .= ($i==$this->current_page) ? "<option value=\"$i\" selected>$i</option>\n":"<option value=\"$i\">$i</option>\n";  
            }  
            return "<span class=\"paginate\">Page:</span><select class=\"paginate\" onchange=\"window.location='$_SERVER[php_SELF]?page='+this[this.selectedIndex].value+'&ipp=$this->items_per_page';return false\">$option</select>\n";  
        }  

function display_pages()  
        {  
            return $this->return;  
        }  
    }

And this is where my sorted table is:

$displayed_articles = count_articles(NULL);//get number of articles in my table

$pages = new Paginator;  
        $pages->items_total = $displayed_articles;  
        $pages->mid_range = 9;//The third line tells the paginator the number of page links to display  
        $pages->paginate();

show_article_list($articles, $pages->display_pages(),$pages->display_jump_menu(),$pages->    display_items_per_page());    //my function where my table is and where my data would be shown

If i want to sort my table and keep my pagination what should i add?

Please help i am stuck and it is urgent

Edited by hitman47

you would output the sort links above each column of data. the links would contain the column/field name to sort and the asc/desc sort order (opposite of what the current sort order is, default to asc if there is no current sort order.) something like ?sort=some_field_name,sort_order=asc

you would also combine the submitted column/field name and the asc/desc sort order with the page= and ipp= attributes in the links. you would end up with combined links that look like ?page=x&ipp=10&sort=some_field_name,sort_order=asc

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.