something about sessions

MarioApprentice

Hello everybody.

I have a website where users can login and register. When a existing user logs in, his data (name, surname, age etc...) is saved in an object that is then saved in a session called $_SESSION['user']. I've tested it with one user logged in at a time, but not with multiple users logged in, in the same moment.

What will happen if 5 people gets logged in the same moment? Will the $_SESSION['user'] be overwritten with the data from the last user logged in or does php keeps track of the concurent sessions and can distinguish one from another?

I think that it can beacuse of unique session id that is stored in a cookie but google searches were somewhat vague and i couldn't find a clear answer.

Thank you for your answers.

I do believe that $_SESSION actually saves to the users browser session, so they will only ever have their own user data. 

I could be wrong, but that's what I've always assumed..

Edit: Just saw your reply. It's not stupid to ask a question if you're unsure. How else will you ever be certain about the answer? :)

Edited by denno020

my knowledge about php sessions is at not at proffesional level, but php sessions have a unique id from which php can distinguish them from other concurent sessions. i didn't even need google for this beacuse it makes sense on its on. that is why i'm stupid. but hey, if you think i'm not stupid, call me a genius :tease-01:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.