$objComport not working

Nev

Hi, I'm wondering if someone could help please.

I've been trawling the net and looking through forums. I'm having trouble with 

$objComport    = new COM ( "AxSerial.ComPort" );

I get this responce

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'com_exception' with message 'Failed to create COM object `AxSerial.Comport': Invalid syntax ' in E:\ServerTest\htmldocs\Comport.php:3 Stack trace: #0 E:\ServerTest\htmldocs\Comport.php(3): com->com('AxSerial.Compor...') #1 {main} thrown in E:\ServerTest\htmldocs\Comport.php on line 3

Basically what I'm trying to do is open a com port and send a string "JOBS" This instruction tells my serial device what to do. If there is a better way of doing this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again

Nev

Thanks kicken for your reply and information. I understand a bit better now. I did try the PHPserial Class earler and had no luck. Is this something I need to install or enable in the php.ini file.

Thanks again for your help

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.