Read From Database Problem

mklements

I am trying to generate a form which enables users to modify their information. I am able to generate the form and insert the user data into the database initially but I am not able to display the user information which is currently stored in the database in order for the user to select which fields to modify. I am using the following code:

$userID = $_SESSION['userid'];
$stmt = $databaseConnection->prepare("SELECT name, surname, email FROM users WHERE id=?");
$stmt->bind_param('i', $userID);
$stmt->execute();
$stmt->bind_result($name, $surname, $email);

if ($stmt->error)
{
die('Database query failed: ' . $statement->error);
}

if ($stmt->num_rows == 1)
{
$stmt->bind_result($name, $surname, $email);
$stmt->fetch();
echo "$name $surname $email";
}
else
{
echo 'Data not found';
}

$databaseConnection is declared globally and worked to insert the data into the database.

The code currently does not output anything and the remaining HTML code in the page is not executed. It appears to be failing at the $stmt->bind_param('i', $userID); & $stmt->execute(); lines.

What am I doing wrong?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.