Sitebuilder & Nameservers

tommyinnn

Hi! I have built a type of website builder and wanted to allow my clients to goto their domain provider and enter custom nameservers. My question is how would I go about doing this? Currently the only solution is for my clients to set up domain forwarding with masking, which works great but not all domain providers offer this feature and it needs to be done the right way as I have spent a lot of time on this project.

As this is not web hosting, just a sitebuilder I have developed, my only gold is to get the clients domain in the URL field,

Here is the default (demo) link a client gets

http://demo.32oneweb.com

Here is the same site with domain masking (using GODaddy's domain forwarding with masking option)

http://2k22day.com/

How can I set it up so clients enter some custom nameservers I would set up so I can do the same thing as with the domain masking option?

Sorry I am very inexperienced with web servers, thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Edited by tommyinnn

You'd just have to configure your apache install to basically respond to any request with the same website. Have your application examine the host name to determine which site it should be displaying.

As far as the apache configuration goes, the easiest thing to do would be to just disable virtual hosting so that it serves only a single site. You could also leave virtual hosting, but just have a single vhost.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.