Site name in google search

tony006

Hello - my daughter has just had a website designed for her work, however on searching google it comes up with the site but the tile says HOME - can anyone tell me where to look in the files to change this to the company name? also its on every page of the site

: contact

:account

:homepage etc.

If you look for http:www.nationwidecourierserviceltd.co.uk

in Google search you can see what I'm trying to explain. sorry but first time on here.....any help would be much appreciated.

Please see attachmentpost-164233-0-25058400-1373897119_thumb.jpg

Hi Abracadaver

Many thanks for your quick reply, I have looked at each page and they all have the correct title  <title>Nationwide Courier Service Ltd.</title>

I am not much good with PHP this is why I am asking for assistance, I have looked at every page code within the file manager looking for anything with HOME, can't find it anywhere. however If I right click on the title in google search it comes up with this - still don't know where I can change it. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<a href="/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=nationwidecourierserviceltd&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nationwidecourierserviceltd.co.uk%2F&ei=1vjjUYT-M-Oc0QWhs4HYDA&usg=AFQjCNFLWR8g0GEjrXrGri_vPRUGiJUATQ" onmousedown="return rwt(this,'','','','2','AFQjCNFLWR8g0GEjrXrGri_vPRUGiJUATQ','','0CDQQFjAB','','',event)">HOME</a>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many problems.  These pages may be generated by PHP, but all of the problems are the HTML that is being generated:

1. The pages state they are XHTML 1.0 Transitional, however they don't validate and are probably closer to HTML 4.0 with some exceptions.

2. I don't see the <title> tag in the main page.  I see a meta name="title" which is not the same.  I'm not as familiar with XHTML but in HTML the title tag as I showed in the last post is required.

3. One of the other main problems is that there are 2 starting <head> tags.

See all the errors: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=www.nationwidecourierserviceltd.co.uk&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

The HOME may be coming from a previous Google crawl as the site was being developed where the title was HOME, or it may be making a best guess in the absence of a title tag.

You should contact whoever built this, or another reputable pro to fix it, but I would also sign-up for Google Webmaster Tools to help identify issues and also to request that the site be crawled again after issues are fixed.

Edited by AbraCadaver

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.