Drop down menu scriptscript

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Hi, I have found a script off the internet that is very simple, it just allows my menu to have a drop down list.  It is basically this script: http://jsfiddle.net/297t6/

Here's the change I want to make that I don't know how to do:

When the user hovers over a menu item, it drops down; if you then hover over another menu item, that first menu item is still sliding down and then coming back up.  I want the drop down to disappear as soon as the user hovers over the next menu item.

Is this possible to implement with this code:

$(function(){
    $('ul#menu li').hover(function(){
        //$('#drop' , this).css('display','block');
         $(this).children('ul').delay(0).slideDown(500);
    }, function(){
         $(this).children('ul').delay(0).slideUp(50);
    });
});

Hi Gristoi, your response has not been helpful because I meant that I wanted to add the drop down menu disappearing thing into the above code.  Do you know if it can be added into the above code or not.  If you do not know or can't help, please let me know so that I can ask somewhere else where they might know.

my response is as helpful as your request is general. If you expect help on the forum then please at least explain what you have tried to do to get this working. You will not get a lot of help from the forum users if you have not at least tried to get it working. the people here are here to help people with php issues, NOT to complete code that they cannot be bothered to do themselves, or finish their homework for them. If you don't want to do it yourself then post this in the freelance section and pay someone for their time.

• Solution

Well, that is an interesting response.  I hope you feel better now.  Doesn't solve my problem at all - and I have tried, but yeah, cool.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.