Retrieve table data based on a single variable

jonnyfortis

i have a variable that is passed from a select list, the value of the select list is a stockID

<?php echo $XCart_StockID = ${$XCName}["contents"][0][$XCart__i]; ?>

this is constructed from an array

$useSessions = false;
$XCName = "mejobbo";
$XCTimeout = 1;
$XC_ColNames=array("StockID","ProductID","Size","Quantity","Name","Price","Stock","Total");
$XC_ComputedCols=array("","","","","","","","Price");
require_once('XCInc/XCart.inc');

i have a tables that contains joined references

mejobbo_products
-----------------------------
ProductID

the stock table

mejobbo_Stock
StockID
ProductID
SizeID

and the size table

mejobbo_SizeList
SizeID
Size

i need to know how to get all the data from table mejobbo_Stock based on the <?php echo $XCart_StockID; ?> variable

thanks

thanks

here is the product description page. including the select list that needs to pass the stockID

// *** X Shopping Cart ***
$useSessions = false;
$XCName = "mejobbo";
$XCTimeout = 1;
$XC_ColNames=array("StockID","ProductID","Size","Quantity","Name","Price","Stock","Total");

$var1_rsProduct = "-1";
if (isset($_GET['productID'])) {
  $var1_rsProduct = $_GET['productID'];
}
mysql_select_db($database_mejobbo, $mejobbo);
$query_rsProduct = sprintf("SELECT * FROM mejobboAW13_Cat, mejobboAW13_products, mejobboAW13_Stock, mejobboAW13_SizeList WHERE mejobboAW13_products.catID = mejobboAW13_Cat.catID AND mejobboAW13_products.ProductID = mejobboAW13_Stock.ProductID AND mejobboAW13_Stock.SizeID = mejobboAW13_SizeList.SizeID AND mejobboAW13_products.ProductID = %s AND mejobboAW13_Stock.Stock != 0 ", GetSQLValueString($var1_rsProduct, "int"));
$rsProduct = mysql_query($query_rsProduct, $mejobbo) or die(mysql_error());
$row_rsProduct = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsProduct);
$totalRows_rsProduct = mysql_num_rows($rsProduct);

//  *** Add item to Shopping Cart via form *** 
$XC_editAction1 = $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"];
if (isset($_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"])) $XC_editAction1 = $XC_editAction1 . "?" . $_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"];
if (isset($_POST["XC_addToCart"]) && $_POST["XC_addToCart"] == "form1") {
  $NewRS=mysql_query($query_rsProduct, $mejobbo) or die(mysql_error());
  $XC_rsName="rsProduct"; // identification
  $XC_uniqueCol="ProductID";
  $XC_redirectTo = "";
  $XC_redirectPage = "../cart1.php";
  $XC_BindingTypes=array("FORM","RS","FORM","LITERAL","RS","RS","RS","NONE");
  $XC_BindingValues=array("size2","ProductID","size2","1","Product","Price","Stock","");
  $XC_BindingLimits=array("","","","","","","","");
  $XC_BindingSources=array("","","","","","","","");
  $XC_BindingOpers=array("","","","","","","","");
  require_once('XCInc/AddToXCartViaForm.inc');
}

and the form

<form action="<?php echo $XC_editAction1; ?>" method="post">
              <select name="select" id="select">
                <?php
do {  
?>
                <option value="<?php echo $row_rsProduct['StockID']; ?>"><?php echo $row_rsProduct['Size']?></option>
                <?php
} while ($row_rsProduct = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsProduct));
  $rows = mysql_num_rows($rsProduct);
  if($rows > 0) {
      mysql_data_seek($rsProduct, 0);
 $row_rsProduct = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsProduct);
  }
?>
              </select>
<input type="image" src="../images/SS13AddToCart.jpg" border="0" name="submit"/></p>
            <input type="hidden" name="XC_recordId" value="<?php echo $row_rsProduct['ProductID']; ?>" />
            <input type="hidden" name="XC_addToCart" value="form1" />
          </form>

then the page this is sent to is cart1.php

// *** X Shopping Cart ***
$useSessions = false;
$XCName = "mejobbo";
$XCTimeout = 1;

then i tried a query to get the StockID details

mysql_select_db($database_mejobbo, $mejobbo);
$query_rsSize = "SELECT * FROM mejobboAW13_Stock, mejobboAW13_SizeList WHERE mejobboAW13_Stock.SizeID = mejobboAW13_SizeList.SizeID AND mejobboAW13_Stock.StockID = '$XCart_StockID'";
$rsSize = mysql_query($query_rsSize, $beau) or die(mysql_error());
$row_rsSize = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsSize);
$totalRows_rsSize = mysql_num_rows($rsSize);

but this didn't work

then to diplay in a table

<?php
while($XCart__i<sizeof(${$XCName}["contents"][0])) {
 require('XCInc/RepeatXCartRegion.inc');
?>
            <tr class="text">
              <td><input name="Quantity[]" type="text" value="<?php echo $XCart_Quantity = ${$XCName}["contents"][3][$XCart__i]; ?>" size="2" maxlength="2" /></td>
              <td><?php echo $XCart_Name = ${$XCName}["contents"][4][$XCart__i]; ?></td>
              <td><?php echo $XCart_StockID = ${$XCName}["contents"][0][$XCart__i]; ?></td>
              <td><?php echo $XCart_Size = ${$XCName}["contents"][2][$XCart__i]; ?><?php echo $row_rsSize['Size']; ?></td>
              <td><?php echo DoFormatCurrency($XCart_Price = ${$XCName}["contents"][5][$XCart__i], 2, ',', '.', '£ ', ''); ?></td>
              <td><?php echo DoFormatCurrency($XCart_Total = ${$XCName}["contents"][7][$XCart__i], 2, ',', '.', '£ ', ''); ?></td>
              <td><input type="checkbox" name="xdelete<?php echo $XCart__i; ?>" value="1" /></td>
            </tr>
            <?php $XCart__i++;
 Next(${$XCName}["contents"][0]);
}
?>

is this what you asked for, thanks

Edited by jonnyfortis

Your code is hard to read in blocks like that. You have derived variable variables without showing their instantiation. Anyway, your form submits the StockID as a value of the "select" select (select named select). After submitting your form, $_POST['select'] will contain the StockID that was selected. You should then be able to use that variable in your query.

Your code is hard to read in blocks like that. You have derived variable variables without showing their instantiation. Anyway, your form submits the StockID as a value of the "select" select (select named select). After submitting your form, $_POST['select'] will contain the StockID that was selected. You should then be able to use that variable in your query.

yes i get that bit but need to know how to make that query to get all the data based on that $XCart_StockID variable

I'm just saying, I don't know what value $XCart_StockID holds, so it might not be what you expect. It NEEDS to have the value from the "select" element.

sorry, yes that is the value from the select list.it is put into an array that is in the code above

$XC_BindingValues=array("size2","ProductID","size2","1","Product","Price","Stock","");

So what isn't working? Is there just no output, or is there an error?

Have you double checked that the ID you are using IS in the database along with an associated size in the related table?

sorry a bit vague, yes there is no output

yes all the IDs are corrected and the tables are related..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.