Self-processing pagination

w3sl3y2003

Hi all,

I'm pretty much a noob at php and really need some help if someone is willing and able.

I'd like to create a self-processing form that uses pagination to traverse a database resultset. I've basically nailed the cause of the problem that i have down to the fact that when i try to read the value i store in a hidden field, it's always null.

I've included just a rough skeleton of what i'm trying to do (without the unnecessary db code), to just simulate the problem. This code has the same problem as my original attempt by the way.

**************************PHP*******************************

<html>
<body>
        <br>
        <div>
        Previous news bulletins
        </div>
        <br>
<?php

$current_index = $_POST['current_index'];

printPageNumbers(262);

for($i=0; $i<10; $i++)
        {
          print "Current Index = " . $current_index . "<br>";
          $current_index++;
        }

print "-------------------------------";

?>

<form name="testform" method="POST" action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ?>">
            <input name="current_index" value="<?php print $current_index ?>" type="hidden">
        </form>

<?php

function printPageNumbers($num_rows)
  {
    $remainder_page_size;

$num_pages = (int) ($num_rows / 10);      //10 is the number of rows per page

if(($num_rows / 10) > (int)($num_rows / 10))
    {
      $remainder_page_size = $num_rows - (int)($num_rows / 10);
      $num_pages++;
    }

$page = (is_numeric($_GET['page']) && $_GET['page'] > 0) ? $_GET['page'] : 1;

for($k = 0; $k < $num_pages; $k++)//for($k = ($page - 2); $k <= ($page + 2); $k++)
    {
            echo ($page == $k) ? "[$k] " : "<a href='{$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']}?option=com_news&ItemId=68&page=$k'>$k</a> ";       

} // end for

print "<br>";
//    return $page;
  }

?>
</body>
</html>

**************************PHP*******************************

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.