SELECT issue

rseigel
Go to solution Solved by rseigel,

I have the following SELECT that almost works:

SELECT product.reference AS sku, product.price - specific_price.reduction AS price, stock_available.quantity, marketplace_product_option.asin1 AS 'product-id', 'ASIN' AS 'product-id-type', product.condition AS 'condition-type'
FROM product, specific_price, stock_available, marketplace_product_option
WHERE product.id_product = specific_price.id_product
AND product.id_product = stock_available.id_product
AND product.id_product = marketplace_product_option.id_product

The problem is that sometimes there is no entry of specific_price.reduction (it's not ZERO - it just doesn't have a row in the table at all for that particular product).

What I want to do is if specific_price.reduction exists then do the math (product.price - specific_price.reduction)  otherwise just use product.price as the value.

I'd like to do this INLINE in the SELECT rather than resorting to PHP.

I hope that makes sense.

Ron

you would need to explicitly use a LEFT JOIN between the other tables and the specific_price table, so that there will be a row in the result set even when there isn't one in the specific_price table. then use IFNULL(expr1,expr2) in the select term to get either the product.price - specific_price.reduction or just the product.price (expressions using a NULL value return a NULL.)

ok.....sorted the alias names part....

SELECT p.reference AS sku, p.price - sp.reduction AS price, sa.quantity, m.asin1 AS 'product-id', 'ASIN' AS 'product-id-type', p.condition AS 'condition-type'
FROM product AS p, specific_price AS sp, stock_available AS sa, marketplace_product_option AS m
WHERE p.id_product = sp.id_product
AND p.id_product = sa.id_product
AND p.id_product = m.id_product

Still confused ablut the left join. :(

Do I need 3 left joins in the SELECT?

Edited by rseigel

should (untested) work -

SELECT p.reference AS sku, IFNULL(p.price - sp.reduction,p.price) AS price, sa.quantity,
 mpo.asin1 AS 'product-id', 'ASIN' AS 'product-id-type', p.condition AS 'condition-type'
 FROM product p
 LEFT JOIN specific_price sp USING (id_product)
 JOIN stock_available sa USING (id_product)
 JOIN marketplace_product_option mpo USING (id_product)

• Solution

Thanks for the kick in the right direction.

I actually ended up using:

SELECT p.reference AS sku, IFNULL(p.price - sp.reduction,p.price) AS price, sa.quantity, mpo.asin1 AS 'product-id', 'ASIN' AS 'product-id-type', p.condition AS 'condition-type'
 FROM product p
 LEFT JOIN specific_price sp USING (id_product)
 JOIN stock_available sa USING (id_product)
 JOIN marketplace_product_option mpo USING (id_product)
 WHERE mpo.asin1 > ''

which actually eliminates NULL and blank values. :)

Off to the next challenge.....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.