System/Portal to manage logins, authenticate other systems, basic functions

navilink

I need to create a main portal/front page that allows user to login into the main page. Then from there they can login into other system automatically. All the other system are in php but might be using different frameworks. I'm sure whether I conveyed what I needed, but an example is like Google, I set Google Search as my main page. When I sign in to the page, from there I can go into GMail, GPlus, Youtube, Maps etc without signing in again

So basically I need a system/portal where I can

1) manage user logins

2) single login/authentication to other system module (something like Google)

3) have basic functions like a notice board and form submissions

4) and of cource in PHP

I'm currently looking at Joomla (first time exploring it), but I'm not sure whether this or other CMS can handle this. Or maybe not CMS but other kind of system for this kind of need.

Probably I'm asking too much. Should focus on something specific first, the single sign on.

I did some more readings, and now I think I want a Single Sign On (SSO) implementation. Did some search and came across some like SimpleSAMLphp, LightOpenID, Zen's oAuth. But having difficulty to understand it let alone integrate it into my current php system. Any other SSO sample that's easier to work on? I won't need super industrial-strength security, just a basic security will do.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.