Create Real Estate Report With Demographics and Maps

bankman3000

I am a commercial Realtor. I want to create a website for my company to generate property reports.

I have several agents besides myself and each agent should have their own account and properties.

I want an agent to be able to register with their head shot and bio to be later added to all their reports.

When a user adds a property to their database I want them to be able to upload property pictures and input financial data. This data will later be used to create financial calculations and forecasts.

I want to also be able to add comparable property data to each property record which can be used over again with different properties.

I want the subject property location and comparable properties to be on a map. And I want to also pull demographics data from a provider based on the subject property through and API (i assume).

I then want to create various reports based on the pictures, data and comparable properties: a one pager, partial detail and full detail. The reports will have agent data, property data and company data. I then want to be able to pdf the reports and email them. (PHP to PDF) I expect to use Ajax, Javascript, PHP and MySQL I have never programmed before but I know exactly what I want and I would appreciate some direction. Thanks.

If you have never programmed before then I have to say - you're aiming too high.  The only direction I can honestly give you is to a collage/other learning establishment that you can take some classes in PHP web application development.  You need to get a sound grounding in the core principles of programming and in the languages that you are using before you can even think about taking on something the likes of what you have described.  The project above looks on the surface like its a four figure development cost, and that's being conservative.  That's not something you can just walk off the street and code.

Hey - Thank you for the reply.

I know it's a big challenge. And I am trying to analyze it in pieces. I understand creating accounts. I understand creating forms. I understand I understand API's and I understand PHP to PDF.

I understand calculations and displaying the results.

The only thing I don't understand is recording the reports that a user creates. Basically my question is once a user creates a record - commercial property in this case - they fill in the information and then they have the option of creating several different reports based on the inputted information. I want a record of all reports ran so they can go back to them with a click of a button whenever they need to.

I plan on doing heavy lifting so I've looked at Lynda courses and I have been reading numerous books. I am not looking for a free ride just a little direction.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.