[SOLVED] how to install phpmyadmin

pixeltrace

Well, if you're looking for phpmyadmin to be installed on a cPanel you're going to have to ask your host to do it, or manually do it (linux).

Or get your own "localhost."

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
http://www.wampserver.com/en/

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

I am currently using phpmymdmin 2.11.6 setup. I currently have created new a config folder in my phpmymdmin directory folder.  When I go to save my configuration the " SAVE " button in the phpMyAdmin 2.11.6 setup is grayed out. Can someone tell me why is this happening? E-mail me please.

;D ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

thx

Jay

Hi Guys,

Thanks you all for the help thus far...  however the issue I have still exist. I am currently using phpmymdmin 2.11.6 setup. Downloaded from  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=23067&package_id=16462 ... It was suggested I use http://phpminadmin.sourceforge.net/. I do not understand or how to use it at all.

I currently have created new a config folder in my phpmymdmin directory folder. How do I edit a or the "config.inc.php" When I go to save my configuration the " SAVE " button in the phpMyAdmin 2.11.6 setup is grayed out.

Folks, I need someone tell me why is this happening? MORE IMPORTANTLY, how to correct it. This is running on my dell locally. E-mail me please.

;D ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

thanks

Jay

What OS are you running? If you're using a *nix derivative then you'll need to make sure the config/ directive is writeable.

Alternatively you could click the Download button instead and then save the generated file into the root of your phpMyAdmin's folder.

Another option is to just copy the config.default.php file in the libraries/ folder to the root of your phpMyAdmins folder and then rename it to config.inc.php.

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I am on a windows platform. I did exactly as you said " copy the config.default.php file in the libraries/ folder to the root of your phpMyAdmins folder and then rename it to config.inc.php. "and when I go to http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ I get the following...

"  Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.11.6

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Error

MySQL said: Documentation

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Open new phpMyAdmin windowOpen new phpMyAdmin window  "

I used WAMP the latest version and I restarted all the services. So what do I do at this point? How do I set up my root and password so that I can begin creating databases with phpmyadmin? Is there something I need to reconfigure in the " config.inc.php. "

thx

jay

So what do I do at this point? How do I set up my root and password so that I can begin creating databases with phpmyadmin?

WAMP has phpMyAdmin configured for you.

To access phpMyAdmin open the WAMP taskbar icon, this will open a context menu. From the menu choose PHPMyAdmin. A web browser should open showing phpMyAdmin.

Hi,

Thank you sooo much! I was able to SUCCESSFULLY access my phpmyadmin page with no problem. Now unfortunately my MySQL is not accepting my password. I went into the command prompt for MySQL and SUCCESSFULLY changed my password then Restarted all services in my WAMP icon below.

When I returned to " http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ "  I got this error on my phpmyadmin page. " Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole. "

I realize that WAMP 2 is an upgrade and things are very different on how a server is NOW set up. With that said, Is there something that I should be doing or could do to correct this problem?

Thx Again

jay

Your now need to configure phpMyAdmin to use your new mysql username/password

I recommend you to find phpMyAdmins configuration file (config.inc.php) and find the following line

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';

Change config to http instead.

Now when you access phpMyAdmin a login prompt will be displayed.

Hi,

Okay I did exactly what you said and I did INDEED get a prompt window... however although my password was changed in the Command prompt in MySQL what would be my user name that the prompt is asking me for? I never changed anything with that. Furthermore, how would I change my username and where would that be?

thx

much

Jay

Hi,

I've started from scratch and re-installed my MySQL and I DID indeed get the Prompt for the "USER NAME" & "PASSWORD" prior to me login into PhpMyAdmin. I logged in with "root" and my "password". Subsequently, I went straight to PhpMyAdmin with ZERO PROBLEMS. Thank You Very Much!!! ;D

I am VERY NEW to PhpMyAdmin / MySQL so now, I'll need to know is how to create a database within PhpMyAdmin to keep a members information once they fill out a registration form.

Later on, I wish to send an email blast from the database to the members containing their full name and e-mail address... what would be the best way to approach this? ??? ??? ???

Thank You Kindly :)

Jay

I'll need to know is how to create a database within PhpMyAdmin to keep a members information once they fill out a registration form.

When you login to PMA there should filed called "Create New Database". Fill in your database name in the box then click the Create button and your database is created. You now need to setup your tables for your database.

Hi,

I created the database in phpmyadmin. As far as tables goes does this came up in the window.

Create new table on database register_form

What would go into Name:---- Number of fields:---- ?

So how does this work? Bear in mind I am a NEWBIE to phpmyadmin.

Would I make a separate tables for example:

first name

last name

phone

or could all of these be in one table?

thx

jay

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.