Help with login page

lucascain

I'm trying to create a login type page, where the user enters a certain string into a text box. This can be any string, from 1 character to 40 characters. I need to pass the string through a md5 hash generator. However, once the user has entered the string, it will add a salt code to the end of the string. For example, if the user entered 123456789 as the string, it would add a predefine salt code to the end of that string. Eg. 123456789:saltcode. THe md5 hash generator that it is passed through would then generate a md5 hash code. I would then like to take the md5 hash code, along with the string originally entered, and enter this into a certain url.

Eg. http://www.testurl.com/ (original string here) / (md5 hash generated code here)

Once this URL has been produced...I then need to insert this into a HTML style sheet, at a certain point in the sheet (which is loaded into an iframe on the HTML sheet). So essentially, the page the login takes you to is simply a page with an iframe and the source of the iframe is the URL that was generated.

How is this possible? I know basic HTML and CSS. I'm stuck at what to do from here.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.