MYSQL results in a popup and return and ID

Jeff_Steinkamp

I am quite new at this PHP thing, although I am an experienced programmer from the days of FORTRAN, Assembler and such. I have been tasked to finish/repair a bunch of code that was created by a former developer who is no long among the living. One of the first things I need to fix is the ability to display a popup box with MySQL query results when the row count is greater that one so the user can select one of the results and return the ID of that result back to the calling script. A few pointers in the right direction would be most appreciated.

And what start have you got?

The popup...

A proper looking popup would be using javascript in the client browser, but overlaying a div (maybe using JQuery, etc) will give you more control over style.

You'd populate the data serverside and either send it out on the page request or by some AJAX connection...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.