Friends and Requests

Jayden_Blade

Hello again everyone. 

I have searched google, php freaks and many other sites and I have found some information but not what I want to do. If I am posting in the wrong area I apologize.

I want add a friend request, and a friends list to my website. I want to have some one click the famous Add to Friends button and the other person can approve or decline the request. I am not sure where to start. 

I know I will need a db for friends list and mysql searches but honestly I have no idea how to complete it. ANY Information, links, tutorials, will help! Thanks in advance!

actually creating an application involves coming up with a concept, then moving onto the design phase. the design phase involves defining what steps there will be in the process, what the user interface will look like for each step, what data will be input or displayed at each step, what data will need to be persistently stored... once you have defined what steps are needed, you can research and prototype code to develop and prove out the methods you are going to use to implement each step. then you write and test the code needed to produce the application.

you are at the concept stage. you have a statement of what you want. what trq has suggested in your two recent threads is for you to actually sit down and think through the problem. have you tried to define any of the things i listed? start by pretending someone sits down at a computer and navigates to your web site. what can they see and do in front of them in the browser to use your application.

I have my site almost completed. Yes I know what I want it to look like. I know what I want it to do but I do NOT know how to do it.

On a person's profile, we will call person A, page there is a place where it will show a button.(if the query comes back that person A is not on person B's friends list).. "Request Friendship".

Once that button is clicked, I want person A to receive a message to accept or decline. If person A accepts, I know I will use $_POST to complete the friends list (friends table).

What I do not know how to do is: " I want person A to receive a message to accept or decline."

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.