how to create links for all files in directory with javascript?

et4891

I have such list but with lists all contents in a directory but I want to create a link to also if you click into the file it'll read the file if it's a directory then it'll go into the directory..

e.g. the list is
a (folder)
b (folder)
c (folder)
d (folder)
e (folder)
f (folder)
asdf.txt
asdf.html
asdf.ini

and if I click on folder a then it'll go into the a directory if I click on asdf.txt then it'll show what's in the txt.

I have the following code to create all the contents but not sure how to implement links into all directories and files

for(var I in entries)
{
    // creates li and /li
    var li = document.createElement('li');
    //NOT SURE IF THIS IS RIGHT WAY TO START
    a.setAttribute('href', entries[I].name);
    //BUT NO IDEA WHAT AND WHERE I SHOULD PUT 

// creates the name of the contents
    li.appendChild(document.createTextNode(entries[I].name));
    ul.appendChild(li);
}

Are you planning on running this within a browser environment or server side?

phonegap :P

Do something like show all the contents in the filesystem which worked but if I want they all have links to them so if there's an image, I can click on it or if there's a text or if it's a directory...something like that...

Edited by et4891

Had never heard of phonegap.

To loop into directories your likely going to need to use recursion. How this is done exactly will depend entirely on the libraries that this framework provides. I suggest you keep looking at the docs. I would imagine there are too many people here using it.

Had never heard of phonegap.

To loop into directories your likely going to need to use recursion. How this is done exactly will depend entirely on the libraries that this framework provides. I suggest you keep looking at the docs. I would imagine there are too many people here using it.

oh phonegap it's for phone apps :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.