How to build a user panel

graphicsman

Ive spent a few months learning how to code with php and I know Im still a beginner but I also wanted to learn how to create my own user account panel primary for an eCommerce site.  Are there any sites that teach this or the best practices when creating one?  I know this may be a far out question and I know some other eCommerce frameworks exist but I do better coding and learning from repetition other than looking at books all day on how.  Any advise would be great.   :happy-04:

Well, what sort of projects have you done so far?

Typically, here's what happens.

1.  A set of requirements are created.  What should this do?  What functions will the software be able to do, what might the interface look like, how will it be supposed to operate  (with what, upon what, etc.)?

2.  What strategies can be used to implement the functionality, the interface design, and the operations from #1?
3.  What will need to be created to implement these strategies?  (Usually that's files with code in them ;) ;) )

4.  Either write up #1-3 and submit it for approval, and start coding ... or just start coding :D

5.  Test.  Rewrite what's necessary.

6.  Test some more.  Evaluate if the design goals have been met.

7.  Repeat steps 5-7 until you feel you can foist it on the public without damaging your business.

8.  Deploy.

... or at least it's SOMETHING like that :D

Edited by dalecosp

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.