help with stuff overlapping

oracle765
Go to solution Solved by Epsilon,

Hi Professionals

I am struggling with my webpage which you can see located at www.compareandchoose.com.au/fashionindex.php

I have the transparent writing over the photo.jpg which overlaps my content and also the bottom of the left menu, right menu and results content is cut off at the bottom.

I have been working on this for hours but as I am new to php/css I just cannot figure out what properties are incorrect

I have also managed to take out the header and footer and include them in include files but cannot figure out how to do this for the left menu and right menu without the page totally messing up.

I will attach the files and included files to see if anyone can figure out what seems to be causing the problems

OH and thanks in advance to anyone

fashionindex.php

style.css

header.php

footer.php

Hey oracle 765,

So I checked out the source code. First of all, it's strange that you have some code before your header (the html and head tags). The doctype and all that up until the body tag should all come first, then insert your footer and top menu codes. All you need to do to put your side menus into include php files is to replace them with the php code e.g. <?php include ("rightmenu.php"); ?> at the exact place where it is now on the page and it will display the same since php is merely replacing that with the content of your rightmenu.php file. All you paste into that one is the code from the <div> where your menu starts to is respective closing </div> tag. Nothing else.

About your overlapping question, you can cut out the overflow of an element in your css styling by setting overflow:hidden; in your parameters.

About your picture and text, either you can cut out the overflow of text, or you can set the element you want on top with a higher z-index value. By default, all elements have z-index value set to 0. You can prioritize an element and put it on top by setting it to e.g. z-index := 10 in your css code.

Hope that helps.

Epsilon

Hi Epsilon

thanks for that, I have moved the PHP and done what you said and all is working ok apart from the footer of the page, the content I am extracting from the database is still displaying cut off at the bottom of the page if I set the results per page 4 or more.

I have tried everything but cannot pinpoint exactly where the problem lies

• Solution

What's the problem with the footer ? it displays at the bottom of the page for me. If you want the footer to follow the natural flow of the page and come last, you can simply place your include code <?php include ("footer.php"); ?>  at the bottom of your index right before you close the centered div, before the </body> tag.

I am seeing 3 results per page and they are not cut off, what are you seeing ?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.