textoverimage problem

figbats

I am having an issue with text over image.  At first I thought the code wasn't saving the new image after inserting text, but after some troubleshooting, found that its actually not putting the text where my editor displays it after hitting save.  Now, I've poked around and found that if I change the values of x and y of imagecopymerge, I can get it to save properly.  In the code, I think the problem pulling the location for the text is in line 36 and 37 the $left and $top.  I could really use some sugguestions, btw I am still new at this..I am trying to solve(learn) this myself but could use a few pointers. 

Just a little background, this has an editor that when you type in the text and hit apply it inserts the text on the picture, user is then able to drag the text around the picture until they hit save, then the text is SUPPOSE to save in the last position.

My apologies if I sound stupid! :)

Thanks  See attached.

class.textoverimage.php

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.