How to make this software use mysql database instead of access database

elcabron10

have you created the mysql database and the database user/password and assigned that user to the database you created? can you connect to the database through a simple .php script using those database credentials?

you will need to find out exactly what error is being detected by the code. there either could be a php error or a mysql error.  there's a chance that the software is logging php/mysql errors. check in the web server's error log file, then check for any other obvious log files.

make sure that php's error_reporting is set to E_ALL and log_errors is set to ON in your php.ini to get any php detected errors to be logged.

you may need to find where in the code it is attempting to make the mysql database connection and add logic to log any mysql errors at that point in the code.

Yes, I'm pretty much 100% sure that the credentials that I'm using are all correct. In the manual that came with the software says that all i need to do is configure the username and password according to my settings which is (mysql@localhost,root,admin), and make a database named "imsdb" then If i do that correctly the software itself will make all the necessary tables for the database.

and oh! they said about making an ODBC account. 

EDIT:

I've already checked the php log, there's no recorded report saying that the software is trying to connect with mysql  :confused:

Edited by elcabron10

You should contact the tech support for that software, as only they will really know what is going on and what needs to be done.

Mentioning ODBC though, you may need to go into the control panel and setup an ODBC source for mysql. Open up your control panel, search for ODBC to find the config tool and add a new data source for mysql. Then in your app for the data source field enter the same name you used in the odbc dialog.

I will suggest that when my boss arrive. Thank you. 

For the ODBC account, i've already did that. Here is the screenshot.

EDIT: Im installing ms server and hoping that somehow it will work. But if i can manage to make it work with mysql, ill go with mysql.

post-167092-0-47579200-1389920097_thumb.png

post-167092-0-55012300-1389920099_thumb.png

Edited by elcabron10

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.