How to open PHP Sockets?

FooFooArmy

Hey guys,

I just installed a script for a demo at school but it says I need to enable PHP Sockets. What is that? I never heard that. 

Im using this host: http://dolphhost.com/

Although I am not farmiliar with your current host if they are running windows the following may help.

Note that under windows you just need to uncomment the line

;extension=php_sockets.dll

so that it looks like

extension=php_sockets.dll

This can be edited in your PHP.ini, that is if they give you access to it. Basically you are trying to listen to a specific port and more than likely the ip address: 0.0.0.0 which is all IP address'. Socket listening is just a way to accept TCP connection outside of port 80.

Your host may not allow for socket_listeners as it can be a real security threat. Also your host would have to allow a pinhole for public access on whatever port it is you are trying to bind. Hope I was helpful!

Although I am not farmiliar with your current host if they are running windows the following may help.

Note that under windows you just need to uncomment the line

;extension=php_sockets.dll

so that it looks like

extension=php_sockets.dll

This can be edited in your PHP.ini, that is if they give you access to it. Basically you are trying to listen to a specific port and more than likely the ip address: 0.0.0.0 which is all IP address'. Socket listening is just a way to accept TCP connection outside of port 80.

Your host may not allow for socket_listeners as it can be a real security threat. Also your host would have to allow a pinhole for public access on whatever port it is you are trying to bind. Hope I was helpful!

Ok here is the script requirements:

• v1.2 new requirement for votifier: PHP Sockets enabled on the votifier port 8192 and open ssl function
  • PHP SOCKETS ENABLED for minecraft ports (25565, 25566..etc)
  • GD Library and » FreeType library

Help. Oh yeah I switched to 000hosting and it said at this link http://www.000webhost.com/free-php-hosting they provide sockets. But how to enable them and port forward it?

Call the host directly and ask them. It changes from host to host and I have a feeling it is something they statically control on there end. Let me know if they are able to help you. It should be possible I know with Go-Daddy and Host Gator you can make the changes yourself throught the control panel. I have never used your host though so I am not going to be much help there.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.