Is there some site to upload css file providing direct access to it?

murfy

Is there some site where one could upload custom css file (something like free hosting, which rules permits you to refer to this file directly like with the html style tag?

<style type="text/css" media="all">@import "www.hostmycss.com/CSS/012345/main.css";</style>

To have my account there and this file to be saved without time limit? I would like to import my file because I want to save traffic. My provider gives me 30 GB of traffic for free (per month), but I calculated that if I would save my file on different server I would save a lot of trafic (css is 20kbyte but html is only 10kbyte, header image is 5kbyte. There is also few icons with size of 500 byte to 1kbyte and probably there will be thumbnails of prifile photos in the size of 2,5 kbyte. Hence I think I could save a bit of the traffic when I would upload the 20kbyte file outside). 

Edited by murfy

Unless you have a huge amount of traffic, plus large image files you'll never come close to the 30GB limit.  The stats you gave on your files are tiny and will take a ton to fill even 1GB.  Sites that get tens of thousands of page views a month would benefit from multiple sever locations, otherwise it's a waste of time and money to even mes with it.

I believe it can simply happen that there will be hundrets of page views per day. My page should be dating site, peaple who will click on sections of adds and profiles, can make for example 40-80 clicks for one person per day. It is just estimation. But I believe, there will be at least 10-20 peaple online per day, so this would result up to 80x20 clicks per day, which is 48000 clicks per month. For 50 kb per page I have 2,288 Gbyte... But I did not calculate with posibility to have photos on profiles and view them. So if one photo has eg 120 kb. It could go up. Also my site is going to be international for 3 Countries in middle Europe. This could increase the visits. Then I think bots like google, and spam bots could come, i know they like to go do but they probably do not load css files and images.

...so this would result up to 80x20 clicks per day, which is 48000 clicks per month. For 50 kb per page I have 2,288 Gbyte...

Only the first page load by a user would incur the full cost of all the resources. After that your visitors will most likely have cached all the secondary resources like the CSS file and images. The caching will save a lot of bandwidth costs by either eliminating requests for the files or reducing their size to a few hundred bytes of headers but no content.

I doubt you'd get even close to your 30 gigabyte limit for a while, and by the time you manage to get to that level you should have enough money available to pay for better hosting services or more bandwidth access. If you're limited to 30 gig I am going to assume you are using some free host. 30 gig isn't much and most paid hosts I've seen offer far more than that. I pay $20/month for a VPS and get 2TB outbound + free inbound bandwidth included.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.