Jump to content

PHP / Extension API mismatch

Recommended Posts

Please help me! I desperately need help with this issue!


I recently upgraded to PHP 5.5 and Apache 2.4 (from 5.3 and 2.2 respectively), and got an error in the Apache logs saying that certain extensions' build APIs are different to PHP.


In PHP 5.5 the versions differ, and even when I tried PHP 5.4 the versions match but the extensions are non-thread safe!  And then when I downgraded back to PHP 5.3 I got the same problem!


I downloaded all the binaries from windows.php.net and compiling them myself has its own hassles!


I am about to start crying! :P  Please can anyone help me with this!?  What have I done wrong!?


Thanks in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you need to state what version of windows (if it's xp, you cannot use php5.5.)


you need to state if you are running php as an apache module or as a cgi application (as an apache module, you must use the thread-safe version of php and any php extensions, as a cgi you should use the non-thread safe version but i believe the thread-safe version will run.) in any case, all the php core files and extensions must have been complied together (as long as you have gotten them from the same php.net download, there should be no problem.)


you need to state where you obtained the apache binary from (apache.org or apachelounge, the apache.org binary still uses VC6 (Visual C++ Redistributable) and you should use only the VC6 builds of php, of which php5.4 and 5.5 are not.)


you need to state what version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package you have and if you updated it.


and you need to stated HOW you originally obtained and installed php5.3 (the msi installer or manually using the .zip package) and state the procedure you used to upgraded php.

Edited by mac_gyver
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks mac_gyver!


I am running:


Windows 7 x64 - latest updates

Apache 2.4.7 (x86) - downloaded from apachelounge.com

PHP 5.5.9 (x86) - downloaded from windows.php.net / running as Apache module

MS Visual C++ 2010 x86 and x64 Redistributable 10.0.40219 (with MS Visual Studio Express 2012 for Desktop) - latest updates


I completely uninstalled Apache 2.2.22 and PHP 5.3.6, both of which were installed with MSI, and extracted Apache 2.4 and PHP 5.5 from the downloads.  When that failed (and after I attempted PHP 5.4.25) I uninstalled the Apache service from CMD and deleted the folders.  I eventually re-downloaded Apache 2.2.25 and PHP 5.3.28 MSI's and installed with the same problem!  (Don't know how PHP 5.3.28 can be the 'latest' if .28 < .6 but I went with the website!)


I am back to Apache 2.4.7 and PHP 5.5.9 now and awaiting the grace of God!


Thanks so much, I appreciate the help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.